I recently had he opportunity to rework the dialogue on the Arthur King 8 pages story that I wrote last year and which was drawn by artist DKaotic.
You can find it here.
I have been reworking the dialogue and lettering on the story in order to get a chance for it to be published in an Anthology this year. Once it is set in stone, I’ll tell you everything, I swear. But for now, I would rather not.
This was a great opportunity to get feedback from an editor and give Arthur a stronger voice and more colorful language. I also fixed some of the lettering and actually cut some of the lines because some of the panels had way too much dialogue in them. It truly helped the flow of the story and created a superior version of the Comic that people really seem enthusiastic about. Good stuff.
Still, I feel bad. DKaotic’s artwork is so pretty that I would rather not put ANY balloons on top of it.
Check it out:
More good news came when I got my feedback from Top Cow. As you may already know, I am participating in the Top Cow Talent Hunt for the third consecutive year. I have to submit a 22 pages script based on the characters from the Aphrodite IX and IXth Generation books.
One of the big differences this year is that each participant who submitted his script and/or Artwork before the first deadline of January 15th received feedback in the second half of February.
I did receive mine. It was not only very positive but also very helpful. I am currently revising the script and doing my best to improve the dialogue in some specific scenes, literally agonizing over which word to choose in each sentence. I actually decided to step away from my latest draft for a week and take a step back because I know I am overthinking it.
The good news is that the final deadline is May 15th so there is still plenty of time to implement improvements.
Lastly, here is a link to some very cool advice for Comicbook Artists:
I wish you all a Merry March.